About Me

My photo
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Spring is busting out all over!!


Last Sunday I went back to St. Stephen's with my mother.  It was as quiet and serene as the first time that I went there with the Y Walkers.  This time I was able to delight in the flowers that were out.  The pictures tell their own tale.  We particularly liked the notice explaining why the lawn won't be mowed!


On Tuesday, another lovely sunny day, we took another drive along Dallas and through Uplands and again we feasted our eyes on the spring flowers.  Victorian's make the most of their property and will grow flowers anywhere they can!   I couldn't resist getting out of the car to take the picture of the tulips on the roof. 


I felt at home in Beacon Hill Park on Sunday by finding the Trilliums shown below tucked in a moist woody area. Yep, without showing many of the other blooms and flowering shrubs Spring is definitely busting out (even though the temperature isn't up to par these days!)

No comments:

Post a Comment